Barry specialises in investment, acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant and development work. He has a loyal client following and has been involved in the sale and purchase of a number of significant properties.
Barry also deals with property aspects of corporate transactions and innovative schemes such as carving out leasehold interests to create roof space developments on blocks of flats. He has also been called as a Conveyancing Expert in court proceedings.
He also advises on all aspects of private client matters in relation to estate planning and drafting trusts and wills.
Barry is recommended by independent directory Legal 500, which says “Barry Shaw ‘provides a comprehensive and professional service’.”
Work highlights have included:
- Advising on the sale of industrial estate on the Olympic site to the London Development Agency.
- Acquisition of a 1,000 acre former Royal Naval Armaments depot in Wales for a mixed use development.
- Client Partner for over 20 years dealing with commercial property transactions for the Freshwater Group.
- Advising on the sale over 30 restaurant sites by Paramount Restaurants.
- Advising on acquisitions by a private property company of multiple sites developed into Honda Motor showrooms.