Craig is an experienced commercial litigator, specialising in High Court litigation, arbitration and mediation involving a wide range of corporate clients.
He is responsible for advising on contentious commercial matters for large, high profile organisations across a range of sectors including IT, telecommunications, retail, sports, manufacturing, aviation and business support services. He is skilled in dealing with all types of commercial contract disputes, injunction matters and professional negligence cases.
Craig has considerable experience and expertise in all forms of commercial dispute management including High Court and County Court litigation, international and domestic arbitration, expert determination, mediation and settlement negotiations. Craig increasingly advises clients on non-contentious matters such as the negotiation of key clauses in contracts and strategic risk avoidance.
“Craig Thompson’s ability to read the minds of the other side is uncanny.” Legal 500, 2017
“Craig Thompson digs deep into cases to unravel the knots and wrinkles.” Legal 500, 2017
“Craig Thompson focuses on contentious matters in the technology and communications sectors.” Legal 500, 2017
Highlights of his work include:
- Successfully representing a client in a multi-jurisdictional aircraft leasing claim.
- Dealing with complex shareholder disputes involving high profile organisations.
- Successfully obtaining a search and seize order and interim injunctive relief against a former member of the client LLP and several others including a major competitor based on claims for breach of confidence; breach of fiduciary duties; breach of post termination restrictions; and inducement to breach. The matter involved 7 defendants and complex issues of fact and law, and was successfully settled by mediation/negotiation.
- Dealing with a trademark and passing off dispute which attracted media attention due to the high profile parties, involving a 10 day trial.
- Advising the majority shareholder in a Premier League Football Club on a range of disputes involving complex cross-border issues with numerous parties, resulting in and a lengthy and ultimately successful claim in relation to jurisdiction.