Elizabeth specialises in commercial and insolvency litigation, advising high net worth individuals and companies. She has experience of advising in relation to a broad range of disputes, including contractual disputes, negligence, cross-jurisdictional matters, trademark infringement and fraud related matters. She has experience in obtaining urgent injunctions and worldwide freezing orders in order to protect assets while litigation progresses.
Elizabeth also deals with enforcement against assets including obtaining orders for sale and writs of control and the appointment of receivers.
Elizabeth advises corporate clients and insolvency practitioners in relation to insolvency processes and claims relating to the realisation and recovery of assets. Such claims range from contractual disputes to claims for wrongful trading, transactions at an undervalue, unlawful dividends and preferences.
- Representing a Panamanian company in its multimillion pound High Court claims against twelve defendants in claims for breach of fiduciary duty and knowing receipt worth in excess of £30 million.
- Representing a major international solar park developer in claims relating to breach of contract and fiduciary duty brought against a former director.
- Representing a high net worth individual in respect of claims for breach of warranty and fiduciary duty worth £54 million.
- Representing a number of high net worth individuals in claims relating to the sale of defective investment schemes.
- Representing a large estate agency in claims relating to trademark infringement and passing off.
- Representing the liquidators of an oil company in relation to claims for wrongful trading against the former directors.
- Representing an aviation leasing company based in a claim against a Bahraini bank for breach of contract on an aircraft leasing deal.