John provides advice on his clients’ key commercial relationships with stakeholders, business partners, customers, clients and suppliers. His practice also centres on acquisitions and disposals involving both public and private companies.
John specialises in advising owner-managed companies through their growth cycle, with particular experience in telecoms, technology, intellectual property, media, entertainment and sports. He also advises a range of professional service firms such as management consultancies, creative and media firms and accountancy practices. John also advises on the commercial or structural aspects of joint ventures involving LLPs or limited companies.
He is consistently recommended by independent directory, Legal 500, which says “John Woodhouse is an expert in acting for entrepreneurial growth companies”.
Examples of work include:
- Recent deals include (E-Tale, Harlex, Suiko, Acutest)
- Acting for a telecoms Plc on strategic acquisitions and numerous telecoms-related commercial contracts with suppliers such as O2, BT and Cable & Wireless and to customers for hosted telephony and framework agreements with large clients such as Workspace Group and Fujifilm for multi-site provision of voice and data services.
- Advising fast growing technology companies on the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property assets.
- Acting on the sale of football clubs in Italy, the Czech Republic and England. He also advises on contractual arrangements for football players and agents.
- Representing the founders of London’s largest independent annual music festival.