Oli specialises in commercial litigation. He advises companies and high net worth individuals on a broad range of commercial disputes and fraud-related matters, including complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Oli has particular experience of using the Court’s powers to obtain appropriate relief (including worldwide freezing orders, pre- and post-judgment receivership orders and search orders) to identify and preserve assets with a view to enforcement.
He acts on professional negligence matters, and has represented both claimants and defendants in matters concerning solicitors and accountants.
Oli also advises on regulatory issues, investigations and disputes and has particular experience advising FMCG companies on anti-illicit trade measures and supply chain controls.
Oli holds Higher Rights of Audience and is qualified to appear at all levels of English civil courts.
Oli is recommended by independent legal directory, Legal 500 who note that he is ‘really good with clients’ and that ‘he knows cases inside out’.
Oli was also identified as a “Rising Star” for Commercial Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine for three years running (2013-2015).
Highlights of his work include:
- Successfully acting for both defendants in breach of trust claims worth several millions of pounds (Kent v Paterson Brown and another  EWHC 2008 (Ch) (30 July 2018))
- Representing an individual in proceedings brought against him for interfering with the administration of justice and breach of confidence. The proceedings were brought in connection with a dispute between two international mining groups worth approximately US $250 million.
- Representing a company and a high net worth individual in fraud proceedings brought by an international logistics group worth approximately £50 million.
- Representing a minority shareholder in two property investment companies in an unfair prejudice petition worth several millions of pounds.
- Acting for the claimant in a multi-million dollar contractual dispute with an international investment bank.
- Acting for a global logistics organisation in a professional negligence claim brought against its former UK auditors.
- Defending a business in the healthcare sector in a claim alleging breach of confidence.
- Defending a London nightclub in claims alleging discrimination and victimisation.
- Representing an English property investment company in a series of claims against a UK bank in relation to the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Acting for the Kazakhstani bank, JSC BTA Bank, in relation to a fraud claim against its former chairman, who was alleged to have misappropriated sums running to billions of dollars during his time in office. It is thought to be the largest fraud case ever brought before the English Commercial Court and has resulted in numerous ground-breaking decisions and to judgments of more than $4 billion in the bank’s favour.
- Acting for a multinational manufacturing company in relation to an investigation, conducted by HMRC, into its supply chain controls.
- Advising a multinational company in respect of an inquiry held by the Home Affairs Select Committee.
- Acting for a global advertising and marketing conglomerate in relation to a dispute arising out of an earn-out agreement with former partners of an acquired business.
- Acting for a global manufacturing company defending claims brought by the Nigerian Federal Government and various Nigerian state governments.
- Acting for a “top ten” firm of accountants in relation to an investigation brought by the Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board.
- Acting for a New York-based law firm in respect of a professional negligence claim brought in The Bahamas.
- Advising on a range of contractual disputes and termination issues for a variety of corporate clients.